Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Custom Pet Portraits .... Down Memory Lane

lanasartstudio.blogspot.comI worked on a really sweet commission last week. The request was from an art lover/collector for a family pet portrait (I have done numerous commissioned portraits of her family over the years - thank you Rae so much for being a great supporter/appreciator of my art!
And I thought I would take a look in my files and show everyone some of the pet portraits I have done in the past......

This is from a few years back but is really memorable.   Every portrait had a very unique story behind it .... and I remember the moment of delivery of the commission and the joy and emotion it brought them.   We love our four legged family members!
with tails or not ... along with children, they are our most rewarding possession:)

Lanasartsudio.blogspot.com
Have a wonderful and productive week  everyone! And please excuse my absence for this weekend post :( ... I have to concentrate to complete a few custom works and I will have to really push myself for the next week to organize my tax mess! .... and I hope in no time it will be over....  so wish me luck!

XX, 
LANA

16 comments:

  1. What beautiful and special pieces! I love the furry chihuahuas. And I love the one of your painted feet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those amazingly cute breeds always fun to paint. Lady who is commissioning them unfortunately lost one before I completed the painting .... it was bitter/sweet commission.

      Delete
  2. wow so cool. Your work is lovely! I love the spashes of colors.

    Also... that feet picture is so aodrable and artistic I want it hanging in my craft room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog! Thank you for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  3. What a cool collection, I love the photo of your feet. Your card has arrived :-) Thank you very much! I would love to visit one day, I bet it would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I will happy to see you in Florida!

      Delete
  4. Wow, Lana!! You truly are a gifted artist! The animal portraits are precious and I can just imagine how much joy they bring to the recipient :) The artwork of the turtle is adorable! And cool pic of your colourful feet :)
    The best of luck with completing your work this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many Thanks to you my dear Duni! Love to hear your comments any time! Also, I would like to say it is a such a joy to have you as a loyal friend! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are doing well with your taxes and your portraits! You are a rare talent...very beautiful work on capturing the animals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanks Melissa! I'm done with a taxes :) and happy it is over..... Working on the collection of abstract and floral watercolors for client now and looking forward to posted here my progress soon!

      Delete
  7. These are wonderful! You are so talented!
    I love the colored heels!
    I see you are done with taxes. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you my dear friend! And yes I'm done with taxes and I'm happy camper now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet and lovely work Lana! That squirrel is just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and I really like you new work.... especially with a pink colors!

      Delete
  10. I like your pet portraits, my favourite is the one next to your feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My too!... because it is of my precious/best/cute/and totally adorable best friend:)

      Delete