Friday, March 28, 2014

5 THINGS TO TRY THIS WEEKEND

http://www.etsy.com/listing/184144326/flowers-and-blue-china-watercolor-still?ref=shop_home_active_5
Via
Pin It
  HELLO LOVELIES! Happy Friday! How was your week? My week just flew by and here is my wish list/hopes/plans for the weekend not in any particular order:
  1. Something new to try this weekend. Perhaps to add/learn one more tool for my social media marketing efforts: FlipBoardA pretty version of an RSS reader for the iPad & iPhone. Takes the articles and makes them appear in a magazine layout. Imagine a magazine custom made based on all your favorite websights' new articles. (FREE)
  2. Watch more  my favorite fashion shows like "Under the Gunn"  (have recorded latest episode...so this is the time to catch up) 
  3. I have a confession to make (shhh)...I hate a tax season :) But whether I like it or not, it is time to organize it!
  4. Support and cheer for my darling "golf champion" ... so he will become the county champion this weekend.... yehhh!
  5. My hope to have a quiet, peaceful evening with my man and boys ( I hope my oldest son will visit us this weekend ... he promised me ) with simple and soulful dinner! (my roses are growing fast and will start blooming soon (azaleas are already in full bloom) ... so I think it is time to start thinking about floral for a centerpiece......
But right now, I have some really lovely things to share with you.... (see my new abstract pieces from my latest collection of abstract watercolor girls ... what should I titled them ?) 
Inspired by French flower markets, we filled simple, galvanized tins with fresh peonies and lined them up for a centerpiece full of impact. Anyone (including those with zero floral experience) can put this centerpiece together in minutes, a day or two before your event. Flower Market Centerpiece created by Chelsea for Once Wed

This 6 must try DIYs floral definatelly will bring you to a romantic, sweet spring mood and a smell is amazing - from Rachel for The Crafted Life.

What inspires you? Perhaps the Chip It! can helps you to find a perfect colors palette for your room or decor. 
http://design-seeds.com/index.php/home/entry/blossom-hues2
Via

{images: linked to individual sources above} Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!!! See you back here next week! xx, Lana

24 comments:

  1. What a pretty post! Those flowers have me pining for some of my own to start sprouting up! Have fun with all of you fun activities this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your plans and ideas. I love colors palette!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Peonies! I just planted some, and some Bleeding Hearts too. My roses always do well, except the white one. Last year I bought what I thought was a white rose bush. It actually grew huge, but no roses. So, I thought I got jipped. I pruned it back, once it got cold, and it is growing huge again, and it has rose buds on it. I can not tell if they are white yet, but I hope so. I love flowers, but I don't always do centerpieces with them, I do love to put them in floating candles and I might try to make my own body scrub. I am not a fashionista, that is an understatement, but I love your blog. The napkins are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like the napkins :) Thank you for sharing your story...maybe will see your Bleeding Hearts and roses post soon:) I really hope that you white roses will bloom this year! I know how frustrated can be when you spend a time and effort to make them grow, but it not payed well :( My problems with roses - watch for deers!

      Delete
  4. I love under the Gunn too! And planned to watch the latest episode this weekend :-) I love that floral letter, and I hope you'll have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last night I was indulge myself in the Gunn's marathon :) What are you thinking about Natalia's speech? Any thoughts about her departure?

      Delete
    2. I didn't really like what she made, and I didn't really like her much as a person. I do think that she didn't deserve to be treated the way she was. I am very curious which designer wins the competition!

      Delete
    3. I feel totally agree with you on the treated her part! Even she is not the best designer, but I think once they all gang up on her... she just give up :(
      Will see who will survived!

      Delete
  5. Ahh --such PRETTY photos!! FlipBoard sounds wonderful! I hope you are able to spend some quality time with your son. I also enjoy Under the Gunn (although I've missed every episode during tax season), but I could NEVER sew a complete outfit under those time constraints!! Those contestants are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much agree with you on the time constrains! I worked (many years ago :) in fashion industry and I done a lot of design/sew for fashion shows - so from first hand, I know how much time takes to create a garment. ... Well this is why this show so fascinates me - nostalgia and competition seems like my kinds forte!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful flower photo's, great idea's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wilma for stopping by toady! have a great end of weekend!

      Delete
  7. I hope your weekend is going how you had hoped. Yes, I agree with you, I also hate tax season. Fortunately we finished up with our annual but I have an appointment this week with my accountant to work on quarterlies. I was wondering what flipboard was. I see the icon on my new phone but didn't know what it was. I thought it was a game or something. I think I'll check it out too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the FlipBoard it just like a pinterest ( I think) only for your phone. With quick views and basically easy to see what is new happening in your popular sites. I don't have many social media places to really check yet, so it not as beneficial for me... yet!
      But my husband sign it up for his phone and he loves it :)

      Delete
  8. lovely finds, thanks for sharing these pretty ideas:) thanks for visiting my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello dear Lana,
    I can so relate to nr. 3 - I spent part of my weekend doing taxes! Not my favourite part of running a business, but needs must ;-)
    The floral centerpiece with the peonies is gorgeous! I LOVE it, especially together with the floral napkins. Very lovely. Thank you for sharing :)
    have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duni, when I posted that centerpiece here, I thought about you! Really! It is just like from your collection of beautiful fabrics! Seems like it was!

      Delete
  10. I've been watching Under the Gunn, too! I'm pretty far behind now, so I need to catch up! I hope you had a lovely weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paige! I did, but not everything on my list was accomplished :) So, I may have to spend more time with my paperwork and hopefully this week will be over soon:)

      Delete
  11. You have roses about to bloom! Mine are just starting to put out leaves.
    Did your golf champion win?
    I hope you had your peaceful evening and soulful dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband is an amazing golfer and I think as much as I love my art - he is the same just a golf-lover:)

    ReplyDelete